Sunday, May 27, 2007

Soldier Field !0 Miler




What a fun race!! About 5000 runners were signed up. Though it didn't seem as crowded as that.
I followed Coach Lisa's instructions and warmed up for 10 minutes, ran easy the first two miles of the race, then did a run/walk combo, and kicked it in the last two miles.
I was hoping for a 2 hour time---I made it in 1:56:26!! I'm real pleased as I'm just starting to get back into the shape I was last year and it seems with my Coach's new plan, my body is responding quicker.
I've added the Tucson Marathon to my list of races for this year and I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday there as it is close to my real birthday. Coach Lisa will be there with a bunch of the folks she's coaching, so it should be a fun time!!
I'm treating myself to Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chunk tonite (don't tell Coach!!).






12 comments:

Reen said...

Great job!

Jack said...

Great job with the race, sounds like you are in great shape!

E-Speed said...

congrats!

Unknown said...

It's nice to treat yourself. You deserve it. Congrats on the race!

RunBubbaRun said...

Congrats on the race. I was wondering if the weather would hold up, glad it did..

Yeah, ice cream, there is never a bad time to have some of that..

MNFirefly said...

Congrads, Lora! You did great!

runliarun said...

How cool. Your secret is safe with us.

Chris said...

Great job lora!

Deb said...

Congrats on coming in under 2!!!! Looks like a great time!

Travis said...

well done!!! This looks like a nic run. Oh... some Ben and Jerry's is always ok.

teacherwoman said...

Nice job! And what a great time!!

Neese said...

great job meeting your goal...by SEVERAL minutes! love that photo of you... your glasses remind me of a DKNY pair I really want to get.