Saturday, December 31, 2005
Ran an easy 6. A little ping in the knee showed up so afterwards I stretched real well and iced it. Not pushing anything yet. Still running every other day, stretching daily and weights 3x weekly. Not even the New Year and I'm on par with my resolutions!!!! Seeing the pic I know I'll eventually have to work on form.....it's always something!!
Friday, December 30, 2005
Thursday, December 29, 2005
I"ve been running every other day, 4-6 miles. A bit soreness pops up on my rt inner thigh but Dr Jaime continues to work on it. I"m trying to be real good about stretching and strengthening 3x/week as I'm commited to getting in the best shape I can this upcoming year. I'll be ready for the spring running season when it comes! Just gotta get thru the next 2 months--the worst ones weather-wise here in Chicagoland. God I'm sooooo in need of a sunny vacation!! (Tho I'd spend it in the shade reading!)
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Ran 5 miles today on the treadmill in an hour--just can't seem to get up to bundling up and risking running in the snow and ice. I even put the heartrate monitor on for the first time in months! My coach would just tsk! tsk! me.
Now it's time to consider the upcoming year. I think I need to start really learning what my body is telling me. I have all the info I need....this past year was all about learning the real basics of running/racing and challenging myself to a marathon. Now I need to take myself to the next level. I think I'm ready.
Time to stop thinking of the next race and living off a schedule, tho I still plan on doing this 1/2 Marathon ->Hillstriders Running Club, the world's biggest 8K ->Shamrock Shuffle , and, of course, The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. It's now time to focus on eating well and losing those last few pounds. Time to begin strengthening the weakest parts of my legs. And time to respect the worthiness of stretching properly. These are the gifts I give to myself this upcoming year.
Monday, December 19, 2005
The sun may be shining, but that temp scared the crap outta me. So, the first day back will be on the ol' trustworthy treadmill. How quickly I forget how easy it is to just jump right on her...just a running bra and shorts, socks, shoes, doorag n water. Life is good.
Did 3 miles....no noises from the legs. Gave myself a lot of time afterwards for some good stretches.
The pup remembered too. Got right back up into his old spot and didn't seem to mind one bit that I wasn't taking him out for our 4 mile run. I'll have to work on that tho, don't want to see him putting on some poundage....his health is important too.
In case you've noticed, I purchased a digital camera over the weekend. This is way too fun!!!!
Friday, December 16, 2005
First, the rules: Write 5 random facts about yourself, and then list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect. Also, leave a post to these people letting them know they have been infected. (Who started this?? I want names!!!)
- I've never aquired the taste for beer. I'm all about water.
- I hit a lady the first day I got my license (she was fine!) When I got out to check on her, I locked my keys in my car. I discovered valium that day!
- Halloween is all about slutty costumes for me.
- Born and bred in Brooklyn, NY, I was all about being a street-wise city girl. Teenage summers I was sent upstate NY to summer camp. In the middle of the night, I would sneak out of my bunk and make my way over to the boys side. I had to cross a rocky pond and climb a hill to get there.....Mother Nature tapped me on the shoulder those nites and I've never been the same.
- I hardly wear makeup, I hate shopping, I dont wear jewelry, I drive a jeep and I love getting dirty. Thank goodness I have a vagina to remind me I'm a chick!
My turn to infect??? You all got the bug already...oh wait....my buddy who ran beside me at the Chicago Marathon---ReenRuns--she's diseased now!!!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
So today I see Dr Jaime, the physical therapist, and she'll tell me when to tie on my shoes again! Ohh I'm dying to get out there. And I also just ordered yak-trak, so, baby, I am set!!!! Bring it on!!
Sunday, December 11, 2005
- Hot Rocks was my first album
- My teenage room was filled with blacklite posters and mobiles
- I shared a room with my older sister
- She stored her precious makeup in a locked container so I couldn't use it.
- I knew how to pry it open.
- I am shocked by how many people smoke.
- Just Say No was a crock.
- Some days I just want a Dove Bar for dinner.
- Some days I do just that......with no guilt whatsoever.
- I love words....especially onomatopoeia ones.
- I was a runner-up in the 3rd Grade Spelling Bee.
- I always have to think when I spell "similar" cuz of "familiar"
- I love to say the words "mittens" and "buttons" cuz I enunciate the dbl letters.
- I think I'm weird at times.
- but I don't give a shit.
- I have attended and screamed out at a number of Barry Manilow concerts.
- I luv Aqualung.
- I know the above two don't go together
- but I dont give a shit.
- There's a tree removal service in my town called "Asplund"--I can't help calling them assplungers.
- Another company that sells home plants is called "RenttoKill"---but I don't get it!
- I am ashamed at how this country treats it's elders
- and our veterans.
- When I meet a vet I say, "Thank you for my freedom." Then I ask them to show me their tattoo--they always comply.
- I love to listen to the wisdom of our elders--more should try it.
- I have never gotten over the movie "Jaws"
- Some people have told me I look like Linda Blair.
- My sister was horrified by The Exorcist.
- I would scare her with sounds from the movie
- That was mean
- but I don't give a shit.
- I think we've all gone crazy with ringtones.
- I think the obesity problem in our country is directly proportional to the increasing number of pushbutton features in our cars. Can't we just crank open a window for G-ds sake!!!???
- My favorite flower is a daisy.
- Yes, I know it's a weed--I believe weeds have rights too.
- I love gargoyles--the more grotesque the better.
- I have trouble with authority.
- Maybe that's why both my kids have had run-ins with the police.
- I drive over curbs with my Jeep cuz I can.
- I watched Seinfeld only the first year it was on..then it became a fad so I stopped watching.
- I am constantly amazed how men can name the title of Seinfeld episodes and break out in laughter together.
- I think I have the best masseuse in the world.....I call her Beast Woman
- but not to her face.
- I can't handle the overstimulation of Las Vegas.
- I love Colorado & New Mexico.
- I considered moving to Taos.
- I'd love to attend a Southern Baptist Service.
- I have a terrible singing voice.
- I got it from my mother---she used to sing to the radio when we were young, my baby brother always cried.
- I love filing my nails, but I dont like nailpolish.
- I can multitask to a fault.
- I have googled all the men I have dated.
- They never knew.
- I hired a Private Eye on one of them.
- He met me at Dennys with a Trench Coat on.
- I eventually confronted the guy with what was found out...the P.I. yelled at me for it, I yelled back and then fired his sorry ass!
- I don't like being yelled at.
- It brings out the gutter-sounding broad deep inside me.
- Running has set me free.
- I pray I'll always be able to run!
Friday, December 09, 2005
So on my perfect day off...Monday...the one day a year I really treat myself to a spa day...Cuz it's my birthday!!!....I have to sit in a doctors office and get an xray---Life aint fair I tell ya!
Oh well...I'm continuing with the spin class and strength class twice a week. I guess I'll bump it up if running will be a no-no for awhile. Who knows.....maybe I could learn to swim!!??
Friday, December 02, 2005
1. I loooove the color Red.
2. I named my dog Bayley after John Bayley, the writer, cuz I was touched by how much he loved and took care of his wife when she had alzheimers.
3. I don’t have to pee sometimes for 8 hrs.
4. New nurses hate to train with me for above reason.
5. I was a "fag hag" in my late teen/early twenties
6. I was also a disco bunny.
7. I am proud of both above labels!
8. I try hard to read only one book at a time, tho I usually have 3 going.
9. I wanted to be a teacher, but in HS they told us there were too many.
10. Cuz of above, I went to 5 different colleges trying to find what clicked for me.
11. I didnt do HS athletics cuz the word on the street was you were a lesbian if you did.
12. I won All Around Athlete at summer camp
13. I learned how to use a tampon under duress cuz I had to "bring the team in" during swim meets at Camp Tagola Color War.
14. I used to work out to Jane Fonda’s workout tape.
15. I love flannel Pjs even tho they make me look matronly.
16. I hate makeup.
17. I hate shopping
18. I curse like a sailor.
19. I’m originally from Bklyn, NY–which explains above.
20. I still can only draw stick figures.
21. I love and admire my Mom
22. My Dad is a chauvinist pig and it drives me crazy.
23. I know how to ease the common cold
24. I believe Andrew Weil is brilliant.
25. I yearn to have a cabin in the woods.
26. I love being alone
27. NYC pizza is the best by far, IMHO.
28. I crave hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut.
29. I have trouble saying Kaufman midwestern style.
30. When I get mad, my bklyn accent comes out.
31. I hardly get mad
32. I love to people watch.
33. I’d secretly like to disappear with my pup and a backpack into the woods for a week.
34. I hate the town I live in.
35. I love the town I’m moving to at the end of next year.
36. Tom Cruise makes me sick
37. I wish I majored in English Lit with a minor in Philosophy.
38. I worked at Starbucks for 2 years and loved it
39. Sumatra is my favorite coffee and Anniversary Blend, when it's available.
Thursday, December 01, 2005
So here's the plan to get me to my next Marathon--> http://www.tampabayrun.com/
Monday...........4-5 mile run, tempo
Tuesday..........5-8 mile run
Wednesday....Strength Class & Spin Class
Thursday.......4-5 mile run
Friday.............5-8 mile run, Strength Class
Saturday........10-20 mile long run
Sunday...........Spin Class--read NY Times!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! (for now)