Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Body, My Machine


Ran 5 miles today on the treadmill in an hour--just can't seem to get up to bundling up and risking running in the snow and ice. I even put the heartrate monitor on for the first time in months! My coach would just tsk! tsk! me.

Now it's time to consider the upcoming year. I think I need to start really learning what my body is telling me. I have all the info I need....this past year was all about learning the real basics of running/racing and challenging myself to a marathon. Now I need to take myself to the next level. I think I'm ready.

Time to stop thinking of the next race and living off a schedule, tho I still plan on doing this 1/2 Marathon ->Hillstriders Running Club, the world's biggest 8K ->Shamrock Shuffle , and, of course, The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. It's now time to focus on eating well and losing those last few pounds. Time to begin strengthening the weakest parts of my legs. And time to respect the worthiness of stretching properly. These are the gifts I give to myself this upcoming year.

7 comments:

Black Knight said...

I agree with your opinions on the treadmill but sometimes we need to use it. I use to listen music to help the boring workouts and I don't have a beautiful room like you with such an impressive window. Best wishes for your race program. Let's know the dates please.

Toasty said...

You're on the start line ... go for it! I'm also ready to get into 2006. Trust me .... yes a complete stranger ..... but trust me, your body is telling you it's training time.

Bolder said...

you go gurl!

notes that he needs to add the worthiness of stretching to his new years resolutions too...

Crackhead said...

What a great workout room!

Yes, we need to have a sense of being "ready" to take something on. Although it's really not readiness (are you ever truly ready?)--it's more of finding the desire and commitment. You can't do anything without the real desire.

Go for it!

Okolo said...

Wow, that view is just inspiring.

I wouldn't run outside with that view either. :-)

Right now my treadmill faces a wall, boring!!!

Lora said...

Can anyone find my precious puppy on the couch????

Sreenivasa S said...

Hi you have got a good info on your blog which is worth reading, even I have a Muscle toning related website and blog. I should say good job done