Wednesday, August 22, 2007

CPR


30:2 Those are the magic numbers. Thirty compressions for every two breaths. Remember them!!
A blogger recently collapsed and needed CPR here in Chicago. So realizing it was used twice in just a few weeks, I thought it would be smart to pass on to all the runners out there the importance of learning it.
We pass our time in a sport that requires we know this. You can contact your local Red Cross to find a course in your area.
If you do nothing else, read it and remember!! And pass it on to your loved ones!!

5 comments:

Black Knight said...

Congrats to the new ultra runner!!! I cannot say welcome because I will never join the group! When I was in the Navy I had to learn to compress and to "kiss" a "collapsed" doll.

MNFirefly said...

Great post, Lora. I totally agree with your advice.

Deb said...

Beyond good stuff! Everyone should know it (and be CPR certified!)

Jenniferlyn said...

I am actually getting my CPR and AED certifications next month!

Thank you for spreading the message!

My Life said...

Wow - was the blogger okay?

Thanks for the post - definitely rekindled the fire to get recert asap!

(it's been a long time... I hope you've been well!!)