Thursday, November 09, 2006

Girls Best Friend


Nothing like a 5 mile sunrise walk with one's pup to soothe one's soul.

I've had a rough week--planning a trip to NJ next weekend for Dad's cemetary plot unveiling and having to discuss Hospice with a patient's family just took so much out of me. I'm quietly soothing myself, with the wonderful help of those closest to me (and wonderful blogger pals who have made soothing comments) so I'm slowly coming back to myself.

My running is going real well, and I'm looking forward to Saturdays morning run--or rather the breakfast afterwards to hear the NYC Marathon stories.

and so it goes.......

12 comments:

Reen said...

I'm sorry you've had a tough week but glad you had a nice walk, etc.

Hang in there!

Ryan said...

Looks like a nice spot for a walk! Hope you had a good day!

MNFirefly said...

((Lora))) You are in my thoughts. I had rough week too. You are not alone.

Deb said...

I am sorry for your heavy burden. I am amazed by your gift as a care provider. I have lived it...You are called to it. You have (and are) a gift. I'm wishing you peace.

JeffM said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. The unconditional love of your pup can only help. Wishing you peace also.

Black Knight said...

Sorry to hear Lora. Yes, your pup is a big help.

Todd said...

Well I am glad to hear things are going well with your running. In life when everything is going wrong sometimes the best you can do is focus on 1 thing that is positive in life like your running and do it. amasing how good that works.

You have a hard job you amase me that you are able to do that. I do not think I could do it. Its ok to have a rough week since well you are only human.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers go out to you and your family.

My Life said...

My heart goes out to you! I'm so happy you have a sweet dog to help soothe your troubles!

Rose said...

Peace and prayers, Lora. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there and it just hurts.

Mike said...

Verry sorry about your dad, I've been there and can understand how difficult it can be...
(((Lora)))not a real hug but a cyberhug nonetheless..*peace*

Jessica DeLine said...

I'm sorry :( that is definitely a rough week... I'll pray for you and your family..