Why I Hate......
- From one of the Dummy RNs who sits in the office and reviews my charts, "Lora, when will you finish with this patient, we have been seeing her a long time. When will you get her blood levels stable already???" What I wish I could say..."Fuck you......this patient has a cancer that is strangling her to death..you think her blood levels will ever be stable?? I bring a smile to her face when I come and soothe her once a week...what is that worth? Just because your job makes you act like a freakin machine don't take it out on my precious patients or me. And go workout forgodsakes, your ass is getting HUGE!"
- Unnecessary phone calls.....Cingular keeps calling to try to tell me of the new shit they have to offer to get me to pay more. I answered their call once, (I am the goddess of ignoring calls) and told them to remove my name from their precious list. The minimum wage sweetness on the other end told me it could take a month to do it due to paperwork issues. I blasted her....You want me to buy more electronic features from a company that in this day and age can't use a frigging computer to update a stupid list?? Get my name off now or the state will be calling to shut your asses down!! (Damn I need more power)
- Asshole drivers......to the white Mercedes, tan Lexus, yellow sportscar with a shopping cart handle on the trunk, Hummer who should be in Iran but thinks it's cool to look like a war vehicle that works best in sand dunes while being shot at but actually lives in a 4000 ft mansion on the lake with live-in help to help keep their pathetic lives running smoothly.....Fuck you all for cutting me off cuz I'm not driving 20 miles over the speed limit so that you can get to your more impt appointments than my silly ones of trying to save lives.
- The selfish 84 yr old sister that lives upstairs from my 80 yr old patient who cant get out due to circulation issues and has no children to help. The sister gets pineapple upside down cakes from her daughter, it's my patients favorite dessert.....she won't give my patient a piece but never neglects to tell her she has it. (Don't worry, I found a bakery that makes them...she gets that cake from me--one slice at a time cuz I know she'd share it if she had more.)
Why I love.....
- The lady at the Cleaners ....for singing while she walks on the trail by my house. For always asking me how my knee is doing when I pick up the cleaning.
- My coworker who always drops by the desk I'm working at when I make my biweekly visits to the office to bring me bottled water to help get me through my day.
- My patients...who say "May God Bless You", who thank me with feeling, who have crocheted little items to express their appreciation, who have given me little bags of goodies so I won't go hungry while driving to my next patient, who have shown inner strength during some of the ugliest times in life.
- My puppy.....who just wants to spend his life staring at me.
- My Honey.....for not only going out of his way to buy me the best chocolates in the Chicagoland area, but for buying me a CD of music he hates to his core (yeah....yeah...I'm a Barry Manilow freak...don't go there)
- My daughter....who has gotten in just about every kind of trouble these past two years and has blamed everyone else....for the beautiful Valentine Card and box of chocolates. And she got one for her brother and my Honey. There is hope!
- My son...who at 6'3", 250#, still allows me to wake him up with a kiss on his forehead and a whisper, "Time to wake up my Baby Boy."
- Cuz I have many more reasons to love than hate...I am grateful.