Wednesday, January 18, 2006

First Swim

My first swim was last night. Sounds silly but I dont think I have gone swimming in around 20 years. And I discovered that I can't put my head under water!! Between not having goggles, not being able to see without my glasses, my slight asthma and having no clue how to breathe while swimming, it was kinda funny. So I took a kickboard and kicked for 40 minutes. My daughter, who was on her HS Water Polo team, got a real tickle over the whole thing. She went with me and attempted to help but I was truly pathetic! Good thing I couldnt see cuz I have no clue if anyone was laughing!! Well now I have a good goal to work on with my coach. LEARN HOW TO FRIGGING SWIM!!! I'm back to running and I decided to only run 3xweek--hills, tempo and long run. My body feels much better now. I'm following docs orders and stretching every day and I've even been good about weights 3x week!! Damn proud of meself I must say. Gonna set up the bike on the trainer tonite for two workouts weekly. . Is there a triathon in my future????

6 comments:

:) said...

Yes there is!!!!

Toasty said...

No, stay away from the dark side and run, run run!

Black Knight said...

mmm the water is wet, the bike hurts your ass. Run run run...like the hell!

Bolder said...

i see triathlon in your future, and i see a pair of swim goggles, something else is coming clear, oh yes, and i see either yoga or pilates...

Lora said...

OH GOSH....so many different opinions!! What to do, what to do????? And I'm hiring a new coach today (Friday) and she wants written GOALS!!! yikesssssss

Reen said...

I don't see any harm in learning to swim but.... I say run, run, run too!