Sunday, January 29, 2006

An Ultra??????

I've lost my mind!!! That's right....I'm thinking of doing an Ultra!! A 50K actually!! I have been loving pushing my body this past week....damn those muscles feel good when they're sore.

So here's the Ultra I'm toying with....Ice Age Trail 50....it's calling out my name. I don't know what's happening to me!!! My first Sprint Triathlon AND my first Ultra in 2006?? Who has taken over my body????? I think it's this crazy blogging world.....it's a drug I tell ya!!!

So here's the plan for this year thru June.......

March Madness Half Marathon
Shamrock Shuffle 8K
Ice Age Trail 50K
Rite Aid Cleveland Half Marathon
Subaru Women's Triathlon-Naperville Sprint Distance

Is there a special Athlete's Prayer out there? I'll need it!!

9 comments:

Crackhead said...

This is what us distance freaks think about your plans:
http://www.nf.au.dk/~startrek/sounds/borg3.au

Welcome to the Dark Side! I'm sure you'll do well. See now, Dean Karnazes doesn't seem so crazy, after all!

If you ever run that DG 10-miler again, it goes really close to my house. I run on 59th street all the time once it's warm out. Good hill workout!

Olga said...

Lora, I am going to recommend Montrail as I found them fitting me very well (besides, been on a team does put me in a position..), but what kind is a whole story. Need to know if you pronate (then Hardrock or Continental Divide) or neutral (I love Masai and Highlander). Masai is their lightest, and I like that too. Go for Ice Age! It's a great race and wonderful trail, you'll have tons of fun!

Reen said...

Holy &%*#!

Go for it but please be careful - you don't want to end up like me! I'd love to be there with you but this is not my year!

When is it?

Black Knight said...

Interesting plan and go with the ultra! Are you losing your mind or your available time?

*jeanne* said...

A 50K isn't much more than a marathon. You are going to ROCK IT! :-)

*jeanne*

Julie B said...

Ice Age is so much fun! It was my first 50 mile a few years ago. It is a beautiful course, rolling, awesome. And yes, you CAN do it!

Lora said...

Damn you people are encouraging!! I've been hesitating cuz I've only run ONE marathon...and that was this past October!! But hell....I'm loving this!!Even making the decision of what to run/tri is fun!!! Who knew!!??

Toasty said...

run run run .... i am getting my hopes up that you may be coming back to our side and away from the tri-monster .... wheeee ... getting too excited, have to sit down now

Olga said...

I ran my first 50k three months after first marathon, putting only 2x20 milers in between, loved it and it felt MUCH easier, even though I kept the same pace, and I never bonked (comparing to that marathon), and the people around...