Monday, August 14, 2006

You're All So Patient

So what's those pictures about. OK---here's the scoop.......I think I'll go backwards.....

Monday
I have a new love....a new god....my water bottle...I'm naming him Bruno. See, he saved me....took the brunt of my fall today...I came crashing down this morning while out on a run and Bruno stepped up to take in the bruising and possible breakage. So I've raised him to god-like status...along with my Buddha....that's his new spot. He deserves it! He be da MAN!! Peacefulness from Buddha, Strength from Bruno. I'm a lucky girl!

Sunday
Hiking day! Haight and I took the pup and went out to my new favorite trail. We hiked for about 6 miles. It was just so peaceful and helped in getting the kinks out from my long run the day before.

Saturday
Ahhh...the best is saved for the last. What a wonderful day I had. I started the day with a long run with my group. They ran 10 miles--did great. For most of them, this was the longest they've ever ran--they all held up well. They all had water bottles--I'm so proud of my little group!

I went on for another 4 miles with Cathy, a gal from my running club who is also a pace leader on the lakefront. I'll be runnig Milwaukee & Chicago Marathons with her. Yep, we've lost our minds.


Saturday night Haight treated me to a night at Ravinia to see the performance of Gypsy! Starring Patti Lupone as Mama Rose! Mannnn....I was in freakin heaven!!! I MISS BROADWAY!! I MISS THE PEOPLE THAT GO TO BROADWAY!! It was unreal....the people (oh gay men I sooo miss you--my town is so frigging beige) and Patti was to die for! May she have many years of belting it out for us, sharing her amazing talent. GoPattiGo!!

Have you seen the show? The movie? Rosalind Russell as Mama Rose and Natalie Wood as Gypsy--a must-see movie!! Ya gotta have a gimick! ;)

3 comments:

Todd said...

I did not know you had a buddha. does this mean your a buddhist or atleast have some of their beleifs or do you just like the statue.

only 14 miles? should have done 30 with me. It was so much fun. I even sang course to marathon to a girl but changed it to the ultra version.

play is cool I not been too one in years.

Todd said...

I did not know you had a buddha. does this mean your a buddhist or atleast have some of their beleifs or do you just like the statue.

only 14 miles? should have done 30 with me. It was so much fun. I even sang course to marathon to a girl but changed it to the ultra version.

play is cool I not been too one in years.

Unknown said...

Fortunately I have not had to use my bottles for protection from a bad fall yet, but I have used them for little stumbles. They save the hands from scrapes and blood. Oh yeah, they hold water too.